Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Latin America : Uruguay
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role of civil society in the promotion, protection and respect of human rights in Uruguay.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Contribute to the struggle against discrimination, particularly between women and men, in order to favour an equal participation and equality between women and men in the social, economic, politic, cultural fields.
– Develop actions in favour of non-violence, and against exploitation and trafficking of women and/or young girls and boys and adolescents.
– Promote an active citizenship, enhancing the participation of civil society in the construction of public policies relevant to the objectives of the present call (non discrimination, gender equality), studies, monitoring and overview of the application of local legal dispositions and international agreements.
Among financed actions
– Information and awareness raising campaigns for citizens and other target groups (ex. Young and teachers) on non-discrimination, non-violence between gender, the scrutiny of laws and international agreements relevant to the present call.
– Studies, investigation work that will bring new input to debates and formulating proposals influencing public policies relevant to this call.
– Organisation of meeting spaces for CSOs and CSOs networks and other stakeholders in the debate, articulation of common positions, proposals formulation, scrutiny of the application of public policies in the fields relevant to this call.