Sectors: Economy - Finances, Environment, Health, Innovation
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: EIT KIC Climate
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIT – KIC Climate – Extraordinary Post COVID-19 Regeneration Call – 2020
Fund for: Responding to and supporting emergence from the impact of COVID-19 and proposing innovative solutions to address these impacts
Priorities and funded actions:
* Rapidly test the models needed for COVID-19 response and regeneration in the green economy;
* Create scaling and/or leverage mechanisms to support both the regeneration of economies and job creation aligned with net-zero-carbon emissions;
* Strengthen resilience to future crises
* Circular economy, across policy, finance, education, entrepreneurship and innovation to change whole sys- tems from linear to circular;
* Transformation of the built environment in cities requires innovation to explore the interactions between energy, water, clean mobility and distributed energy technologies as well as the appropriate supportive financing models and policy changes that also actively support communities and citizen engagement;
* Systems to deploy public and private capital in support of climate resilient, safe and sustainable communi- ties. Well-designed financing structures can enable a modest amount of public capital to enable substantial private capital to participate in project financing that would be inaccessible otherwise
Amongst the financed actions
* Initiatives promoting circular economy;
* Transforming the built environment – make communities healthy and climate resilient while re- storing regional economies;
* Accelerate sustainability in the financial system and economy
* This call is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action: Completed by end 2020
– To be eligible to receive funding for any of these calls you must be an EIT Climate-KIC Partner;
– At least two entities in two European countries that are part of the proposal