Sectors: Health, Innovation, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
Additional info regions:
EIT Food Network Partner in 2020
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIT – KIC Food – COVID-19 Rapid Response Call for Innovation projects – 2020
Funds for: responding to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis by funding short term, impactful projects that address Food System business and consumer needs
Priorities and funded actions:
* Respond to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis by funding short term, impactful projects that address Food System business and consumer needs;
* Focus on EIT Food’s core values: delivering a food system that is innovative, resilient and sustainable, putting the needs, concerns and ideas of consumers at the heart of what we do to drive a more resource-efficient, secure, trusted and transparent food system
* Answering the following challenges (in context of a COVID-19 response or possible similar future Pandemics):
– Supply Chain disruption
> Utilise available surplus and reduce food loss
> Accelerate adoption of circular economy models
> Accelerate digitalisation through the entire supply chain
> Connect supply and demand with digital tools
> Create new products from surplus of primary sector
> Develop products with long shelf-life, better quality
– Consumer behaviour change
> Modified shopping experiences
> New consumption patterns
> Food distribution and delivery
> “Out-of-Home” consumption reinvented
> Need for consumer information and education
– Improved nutrition
> What can nutrition do to improve immunity, health and wellbeing?
> Nutrition for populations at risk
– Food safety risks
> Adressing risks of SARS Cov-2 or similar viruses in Food and Food-related environments
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: activities must be executed until 31 December 2020
– At least Two entities from two different countries;
– The lead partner must be a Core Partner of EIT Food or a Linked Third Party;
– There must be at least one Exploiting Partner that will launch the innovative solution created (product, service, start-up)