Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Environment, Industry, Local development, Public Management, Research, SME Policy
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support the development of (sub)regional action plans and best practices for integrated monitoring programmes, coordinated programmes of measures and the filling of data gaps for marine waters.
Gaps identified in the Commission assessment and thereby improve implementation in the next steps of the Directive, in particular in relation to the review of the initial assessment, the GES definition and the environmental target setting in 2018.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To tackle the most relevant issues at a regional or subregional level so as to enable a systematic solution of current gaps and shortcomings
– To develop investment plans (alongside project plans) in order to use the action plans as a basis to tap into other funding mechanisms
– To establish an information management system to allow relevant knowledge and data to be updated on a regular basis and used by the RSCs, the European Environment Agency (EEA) and other interested users for their purposes
– Ensuring that any action plan is directly contributing to the implementation of MSFD at (sub)regional and national level
– Basing any proposal for action plan on the existing and ongoing regional cooperation mechanisms including, where relevant, those mechanisms established by the RSCs
– Focusing primarily on issues and open questions concerning the biodiversity, by developing strategies or methodologies for their ongoing assessment, including further development of candidate indicators, gathering of data, testing methodologies or developing guidance on how to address the gaps in the coming years
– Supporting in particular those (sub)regions where, to date, Member States have already jointly identified certain shortcomings and are committed to address them together in a coherent manner
– Ensuring that any actions proposed make best use of existing approaches and solutions already found
– Action plans for the short-term should also be implemented as part of the proposal
– Ensuring that any actions proposed in relation to data and information management are compatible with relevant EU standards and initiatives for MSFD
– Information, including digital map layers, should be exchanged with the “sea-basin checkpoints” that are analysing the fitness for purpose of marine data in European sea-basins
Among financied actions
– To set up working arrangements which will ensure that the respective national and regional cooperation processes will be able to contribute to and benefit from the envisaged work
– To develop first draft action plans for consultation with relevant stakeholders and specifically for all particular issues identified as priority
– To implement, as appropriate and possible, elements of these action plans, in particular in relation to short-term actions
– To establish data and information management, including a regular update of data and information products on-line
– Organise workshops, meetings