Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Employment, Industry
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals is launched with a view to conclude grant agreements, for projects in the field of skills’ development for the blue economy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To contribute to fill existing skills’ gaps by supporting activities that will increase the employability of various target groups in blue economy sectors
– To encourage women to step into traditionally male-dominated work areas
– To enhance the visibility and attractiveness of the different career opportunities in the blue economy, especially for young people.
– Attract higher education graduates or persons with a vocational/technical qualification to maritime professions
– Retrain and upskill workers employed in other sectors and/or people currently unemployed for a job in the blue economy
– Diversify and expand the skills of people currently employed in the blue economy to progress in their career and/or to facilitate their mobility to other maritime jobs
Among financed actions
– Design or adaptation of training courses, modules and/or curricula for initial Vocational Education and Training (VET)
– Develop training schemes, provide training courses and career guidance to experienced workers with technical qualifications
– Provide courses/training such as specialised courses or bachelor/masters courses
– Develop (re)training and upskilling opportunities for blue professionals to upgrade their knowledge and competences