Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Economy - Finances, Environment, Health, Innovation, Research, SME Policy
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories OCTs)
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EMFF – BlueInvest Grants: Investing in Blue Innovation – 2019
Funds for: developing and bringing to market new products, services, and business models for SMEs that could ultimately create profitable activities in the blue economy
Priorities and funded actions:
* Help innovative technologies and/or maritime services improve their market readiness and advance towards market entry;
* Facilitate scaling up business models and service concepts;
* De-risk investment in these projects to facilitate their access to other financing schemes for the next stages of their activities
* Projects having a Technology Readiness Level (TRL) between 6-8;
* Projects contributing to the establishment of a product and/or service in the blue economy;
* Projects contributing to one or more EU political objectives including lower greenhouse gas emissions, a more circular economy, energy security, adaptation to climate change, inclusion of coastal communities, creation of high-value blue economy jobs, better protection, sustainable use of natural or cultural capital;
* Projects shifting existing activities towards these goals;
* Generate a measurable social and environmental impact contributing to EU goals such as decarbonisation, circular economy and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
Among financed actions
* Blue bioeconomy — the cultivation, husbandry or capture of living material from fresh or saltwater and activities based on the use or processing of this material;
* Digital transformation of ocean and coastal activities;
* Renewable energy — including energy from wind, sun (floating), tide, wave and thermal gradients; logistic or supporting activities in that area are covered;
* Enabling technologies such as sensors, corrosion or biofouling resistant materials or coating, digitisation, electricity transmission equipment, multi-purpose platforms;
* Production of new products from living or non-living resources that would otherwise be wasted;
* Cleaner shipping;
* Pollution monitoring, clean-up or management;
* New facilities that support the diversification or energy efficiency of ports;
* Tourism which contributes to the protection or preservation of natural capital
* This call for proposals is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: up to 36 months
– Be exclusively for-profit SMEs (e.g. micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises, as defined in Commission Recommendation 2003/361/EC, that are not non-profit legal entities);
– Be legally established in EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories OCTs)
-Actions must take place in the European Union