Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Industry, Innovation, Local development, Town planning, Trade, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, SMEs
Regions: Balkans, European Union, Middle East, Northern America
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Members states
United States of America
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EMFF – Cross-sectoral development of innovative port clusters in the Atlantic: Developing a blue accelerator scheme for Atlantic ports – 2020
Funds for: supporting the development of a blue accelerator scheme for Atlantic ports, which is a thematic priority of the Atlantic action plan, linked to the Atlantic maritime strategy
Priorities and funded actions:
* To boost entrepreneurship and foster a sustainable blue economy in the Atlantic area by increasing the competitiveness and resilience of Atlantic ports
* The establishment of a network/partnership between at least two EU Atlantic ports in two different EU Member States;
* The development of a blue accelerator scheme for Atlantic ports to stimulate innovative businesses in an innovation ecosystem to foster a sustainable blue economy in line with the European Green Deal
Amoung financed actions
* To establish a network between Atlantic ports;
* To define the common challenges;
* To bring together different stakeholders, including start-ups and SMEs;
* To design measures to stimulate innovative businesses in the blue economy;
* To prepar a business plan;
* Proposals should include complementary activities (at least one) to support the core activities and the call objectives:
> Wider networking, awareness raising and dissemination activities;
> Activities that will increase complementarity and synergies with relevant projects funded under other EU programmes as well as with relevant initiatives and transnational programmes or policies. Existing port accelerator initiatives around Europe could be leveraged to transform Atlantic ports into blue economy hubs. Applicants may consider cooperating with existing initiatives;
> Fundraising activities
* This call is an open call for proposal
– Be legal entities
– Be established in an EU Member State or for projects with activities outside the territory of the EU
– Be established in one of the following eligible non-EU countries:
> for activities related to the EU Atlantic Strategy: Canada and United States of America;
> for activities related to the EU Baltic Sea Strategy: Belarus, Iceland, Norway and Russia;
> for activities related to the Adriatic-Ionian Macro-regional Strategy: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia;
> for activities related to the Union for the Mediterranean (including the Western Mediterranean Framework for Action): Algeria, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, Turkey;
> for activities related to the Black Sea Synergy: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine;
> for activities relate d to the waters of an EU Outermost Region: the countries with neighbouring waters
* Action must take plave in Atlantic Ocean area and be related to EU waters