Sectors: Energy, Environment, New technologies, Research
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call aims to contribute to increasing environmental data on the potential impact of wave and tidal devices and to reducing uncertainty in modelling potential impacts of future devices
Priorities and funded actions:
– Collect, process, analyse and share all environmental data and information on the impacts of wave and tidal devices;
– Initiate strategic research to address gaps in knowledge to improve modelling of potential impacts of future deployments and to development of mitigation measures;
– Develop a more efficient planning and consenting procedure based on a risk-based approach to ocean energy licensing
– Research, data collection and analysis;
– Environmental demonstration strategy
Among financed actions
– Detailed and operational data validation process based on existing, developed and agreed methodologies;
– Deploying monitoring equipment around devices and arrays operating at sea;
– Developing a set of practical mitigation measures following the monitoring, taking into account site specificities and cumulative impacts