Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Education - Training, Employment, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
European Union: Cyprus, Malta, Italy, Croatia, Slovenia, France or Spain
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to promote a better balance between the EU fishing fleet and the available fisheries resources and contribute to the reduction of the EU fishing fleet while at the same time preserving jobs in coastal communities.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Test in Mediterranean coastal regions, the feasibility of professionally reorienting fishermen using fishing vessels reassigned to activities other than fishing;
– Identify and develop technical solutions for sea cleaning, such as for example to solve the problem of collecting small plastic debris and small fragments
– Identify the economic conditions and operational costs of vessels operating as a platform for a number of environmental and maritime activities outside fishing and identify ways for future funding
– Identify the relevant training needs of fishermen, and where appropriate, vessel owners, and identify ways to cover these needs and fund them
– Support reduction of fishing capacity in line with CFP Reform objectives by providing incentives to both fisherman and vessel owners to leave the sector and opt for professional reorientation
Among financed actions
– Sea and ecosystem observation
– Collection of lost fishing gear
– Leisure and tourist services
– Marine data collection
– Conferences, seminars and awareness and dissemination actions in relation to the above