Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Environment, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this Call for Proposals is to support the establishment and implementation of Maritime Spatial Plans in line with the EU Directive on MSP.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support concrete actions in Member States helping to build capacity for the implementation of the Directive;
– To provide support for the establishment of lasting mechanisms for cross-border cooperation on MSP.
– Support the work of competent authorities and/or inter-ministerial bodies in charge of developing and implementing maritime spatial plans;
– Use a scenario-based method which should allow identifying and evaluating future potential uses, needs and maritime spatial development options. Such work should feed the establishment of maritime spatial plans;
– Support the coherent application of an ecosystem-based approach and the integration of land-sea interactions;
– Ensure an effective engagement with and participation of stakeholders in the design and implementation of MSP processes;
– Develop, review and/or implement a monitoring and evaluation framework designed to ensure effective and sustainable use of maritime spaces;
– Make use of the best available data and information by encouraging sharing of information.