Sectors: Local development, Services, Tourism, Transport
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Latin America, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States, Northern America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The main objective of this call for proposals is to support the development of transnational thematic tourism products and their promotion through the creation of transnational touristic thematic routes in coastal regions in the areas of nautical tourism and water sports tourism at sea.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Encourage diversification of the supply of European nautical tourism related products and services by the development of sustainable transnational nautical routes and associated tourism products;
– Foster synergies between tourism related activities on the coast and increase the benefits for the local economy and people;
– Foster transnational cooperation among various actors along the tourism value chain with regard to nautical tourism, water sports tourism at sea and related tourism segments.
Among financed actions
– Design and create a new transnational nautical route linking tourist attractions in the coastal areas of two eligible countries and offering at least one transnational tourism product tailored to the nautical route;
– Develop a long term16 strategy for the establishment and exploitation of the nautical route, including a communication and marketing strategy of the nautical route and associated products;
– Consult and validate with relevant stakeholders the design, creation, exploitation and sustainability of the new nautical route and associated tourism products;
– Develop the necessary tools and materials to promote the new nautical route and associated tourism products in line with the communication and marketing strategy developed;
– Establish a mechanism to support a solid and sustainable cooperation among the different actors of the tourism value chain.