Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Public Management, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: Commission Européenne
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EMFF – Strengthening regional cooperation in the area of fisheries data collection – 2020
Funds for strengthening regional cooperation, in accordance with the 2020 Work Programme for grants and procurement financed under the EMFF
Priorities and funded actions:
* Support the operation and functioning of the RCGs, helping RCGs to advance beyond national approaches, to achieve in a transparent and impartial way, the expected results of coordinated regional work for data collection;
* Support projects that further enable RCGs and MS to strengthen regional or EU-wide cooperation on data collection;
* Provide, as well as develop the tools and support to accomplish further regional or EU-wide cooperation but not to finance activities on a recurrent basis.
* The supported projects should, in particular, address the hereunder challenges and provide creative and feasible ways forward based on these:
– Regional work plans: One of the primary purposes of the RCGs is to prepare regional work plans, which should include, amongst other possible elements, sampling designs/plans, procedures, methods, quality assurance and quality control for collecting and processing data, and conditions for the delivery of data.
– Administration and coordination: The annual meetings of RCGs, and the continuous work in the form of ISSG, involve a multitude of administrative and coordination tasks (e.g. finding venues and accommodation, supporting travel arrangements of participants, organising side events, ensuring timely production and distribution of documents, facilitating access to relevant information, written consultations following meetings and/or in preparation of meetings).
– Regional Databases: Regional databases (RDBs), referenced under the 2017 DCF Regulation, allow having available data at low aggregation level concentrated in one place and facilitate the work of MS and RCGs, among other things by reducing the burden of multiple data submissions (for data calls) under different formats.
Amongst financed actions
* In all cases, the proposed activities must:
-Be in line with and contribute to ongoing operations of RCGs.
– Be adapted to meet specific issues and needs linked to progress of RCGs, including assistance to the Commission where relevant (e.g. presentations on relevant forums).
– Be built on experiences from the past Data Collection projects and other relevant existing works.
* This call is an open call for proposal
* Initial duration of the project: up to 24 months
– Be a legal entities;
– Be a non-profit organisations (private or public) or;
– Be a public authorities (national, regional, local) or;
– Be an international organisations or;
– Be a universities or;
– Be an educational institutions or;
– Be a research centres;
– Legal entities must be established in one of the EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories)
– In the event of private bodies, they must be properly constituted and registered under national law.