Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU member states
Non-EU countries which are a Contracting Party to one of the four European Regional Sea Convention
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EMFF – Support to the preparation of the next 6 years cycle of implementation – 2020
Funds for: supporting the preparation of the next 6-year cycle of MSFD implementation through the marine strategies.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Support the (sub)regional assessment of the extent to which GES has been achieved;
* Support the quantification (notably ex-post) of the effect of the PoMs;
* Support the establishment of new (sub)regionally-coordinated measures, where needed
* Priorities 1:
– Coordinated (regional) assessments, especially of highly mobile species groups and of under-reported groups, support when relevant the work of the MSFD Expert Networks in all regions;
– Identification of ecologically-relevant scales and areas for assessment of pelagic and benthic (broad) habitat types, taking account of work by TG Seabed7 , EUSeaMap modelling approaches and Copernicus data particularly NE Atlantic Ocean and Mediterranean Sea;
– Support the work of MSFD Expert Network on Contaminants and contribute to provide integrated assessment of chemical contaminants and their effects on the marine environment, and to the monitoring of the latter focusing on Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea;
– Support the work of TG Litter; promote harmonisation of regional work on monitoring protocols, indicators and threshold values with TG Litter work in all regions;
– Identification and consolidation of relevant indicators for underwater noise, in close co-ordination with the work of TG Noise and promote harmonisation of regional work on threshold values with TG Noise work in all regions;
– Coordination and delivery of Article 8 (sub)regional assessments for specific descriptors, contributing also to UNEP/MAP’s QSR 2023 and complementing the EcAp III project for South Mediterranean countries;
– Coordination and delivery of Article 8 (sub)regional biodiversity thematic assessments , contributing also to the OSPAR QSR 2023 process in Atlantic Ocean
* Prioties 2:
– Support the OSPAR QSR 2023 process, with emphasis on specific topics such as effectiveness of measures in reducing pressures and improving state in NE Atlantic Ocean;
– Support the ex-post assessment of programmes and measures adopted under UNEP/MAP, with a specific focus on their costs and benefits, and on cross-border aspects that involve both the EU context and the third Countries in Mediterranean Sea
* Priorities 3:
– Support to the development of effective regional measures to reduce the levels of physical disturbance to the sea-floor from fisheries and other relevant activities, taking account of work by TG Seabed in all regions
– Support work on coordination of measures in TG Litter and compatibility of regional measures with this work, notably in the Black Sea, supporting with Bulgaria and Romania the implementation of the recently adopted regional plan against marine litter of the Bucharest Convention
– Support to the development of effective regional measures, taking into account the priorities set up at regional and EU level to reduce existing pressures to the Baltic and the state of play of HELCOM’s Sufficiency of Measures (SOM) analysis in the Baltic Sea
– Technical and administrative support for the joint implementation of the MSFD by the EU Black Sea Member States, and support to the Black Sea Commission for implementation of the Black Sea Action Plan actions which facilitate MSFD implementation by EU Member States and associated countries in the Black Sea
Among financed actions
* Set up working arrangements to ensure that the respective national and regional cooperation processes will be able to contribute to and benefit from the envisaged work
* Ensure, where possible, that any actions proposed make best use of existing approaches and solutions already developed and agreed in other (sub)regions;
* Develop and demonstrate best practices of (sub)regional cooperation;
* Establish effective and efficient data and information management mechanisms, including a regular update of data and information products on line.
* Organise workshops, meetings etc., inviting other relevant projects in the same region or with the same objectives as appropriate, including joint (if possible) meetings to foster (sub)regional cooperation, ensure synergies and efficiency gains, exchange of ideas and knowledge
*This call for proposal is an open call for proposal
* Initial duration of the action: between 12 months and 24 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be a non-profit organisations (private or public);
– Be a public authorities (national, regional, local);
– Be a international organisations, universities, educational institutions, research centres or profit making entities.
– Be a consortium of at least 2 members, established in eligible countries