Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances, Environment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The Sustainable Blue Economy call focuses on supporting innovation and bringing research results closer to the market. The other objective is to increase capacity building and networking for a sustainable use of our sea basins.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Strand 1: Demonstration projects making blue technologies market- and investor-ready:
– To accelerate the development of the blue economy in the Mediterranean through closer cooperation between public and private maritime stakeholders from the EU and its partner countries in the Mediterranean;
* Strand 2: Efficient strategies and technologies against marine litter:
– To support demonstration projects based on innovative technologies testing/deploying/scaling-up of new industrial or service applications and solutions for the blue economy;
* Strand 3: Blue networks in the Mediterranean context:
– To support skills, innovation, entrepreneurship as well as job diversification and local communities’ empowerment;
* Strand 4: Joint actions to enhance the sustainability of blue economy sectors in the Mediterranean:
– To restore damaged or degraded Mediterranean coastal and marine ecosystems in zones with a particularly high potential to provide a wide range of marine ecosystem services
– Strand 1: Help innovative technologies and/or maritime services improve their market readiness and advance towards market entry, allowing economic players to apply new ideas and research results in marketable goods and services;
– Strand 2: Reduce the amount and harmfulness of marine litter from sea-based sources;
– Strand 3: Promote networking and collaboration between marine and/or maritime, port and logistics related education and training institutes in the Mediterranean to develop relevant skills and promote maritime professions in cooperation with business and public authorities;
– Strand 4: Improve the health and good environmental status (GES) of marine ecosystems in the Mediterranean Sea and its coast and contributing to the Mediterranean efforts on biodiversity conservation and restoration
Among financed actions
– Strand 1: Producting new materials, products or devices, installing new processes, systems and services, operating pre-commercial pilot manufacturing system;
– Strand 2: Developing and testing of the methodology and/or technology, evaluation of the cost-efficiency of the proposed methodology and/or technology;
– Strand 3: Promoting cooperation between key actors of maritime clusters and financial intermediaries;
– Strand 4: Identifying and implementing concrete activities to restore the selected area(s) and their capacity to provide goods and services.