Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Culture - Media, Environment, Services, Tourism
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate and potential candidate countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of this action is to promote the creation of touristic thematic routes on underwater cultural heritage and its preservation as a way to promote the competitiveness of the coastal and maritime tourism sector and to promote diversification in tourism offer.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support the extension of the tourism season, hence contributing to improve SMEs’ competitiveness and jobs growth
– Foster synergies between tourism and culture related activities and increase the impact on the local economy and people
– Foster transnational cooperation among various actors along the tourism value chain with regard to underwater cultural heritage
– Valorise better the European natural and cultural underwater heritage and its potential for the further development of the tourism sector
– Improve the preservation and promotion of underwater cultural heritage
– Encourage the promotion of underwater cultural heritage routes to the public
Among financed actions
– Market analysis, surveys, comparative analysis, evidence-gathering, studies
– Discussion platforms, fora, workshops, exchange of good practices, conferences, seminars, awareness raising events
– Networking and partnering activities