Sectors: Employment, Tourism
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Corporations, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call is to facilitate the uptake of high quality jobs, apprenticeships and
traineeships positions in the tourism sector across the EU, with a particular focus on SMEs.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Promote through education providers the image of careers in the Tourism sector;
– Enable and encourage jobseekers and tourism businesses, particularly SMEs to use existing tools and funding opportunities in order to find and offer apprenticeships and jobs in other EU countries;
– Promote such tools and funding opportunities, also through education providers;
– Promote the importance of acquiring quality and relevant skills, particularly through transnational experiences, and encourage mobility across the EU, taking advantage of low season periods;
– Facilitate exchanges of good practices, the development of networks and discussion platforms between education providers and the private sector to boost employability in the tourism sector;
– Support transnational cooperation and public-private partnerships to adapt the existing education provision so that it better meets the emerging needs of employers and reflects new trends and developments in the tourism sector (e.g; digitalization, ageing of the population, new types of customers).
– Better use of tools and opportunities existing across EU for those who offer/look for a job in another member State in the tourism sector;
– Supporting education providers in developing appropriate skills for the tourism sector;
– Contribution to the growth of employment in the tourism sector;
– Fostering a greater sense of European identity.
Among financed actions
– To propose a model with the aim to boost employability of young Europeans in the tourism sector. This model will focus on cross-border apprenticeships, traineeships and upgrading of skills;
– Creation of a tool-box i) promoting tourism careers and their attractiveness and ii) presenting the tools and opportunities existing across EU for those who offer/look for a job in another Member State in the tourism sector;
– Six awareness-raising and communication events to promote tourism careers and existing tools facilitating mobility across Europe;
– Specific training initiatives for entrepreneurs of the tourism sector on how to recruit talents.