Sectors: Health, Services
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independant states : Ukraine
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to protect human health and the environment from possible risks associated with the use of plant protection products.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To establish a legislative and management framework to achieve the proper use of plant protection products and improve associated inspection and laboratory systems in line with EU standards
1) To review, update and revise legislation versions submitted to Agrarian committee of Verkhovna Rada and Cabinet of Ministers for adoption by the end of the 23rd month of the Twinning project’s implementation phase
2) To complete an inspection services’ organisational and operational review, and make recommendations for optimisation and further work towards accreditation to ISO 17020 underway
3) To complete laboratory services’ organisational and operational review, to make recommendations for optimisation, to require lists of essential new equipment and consumables and to prepare a strategy and action plan with concrete recommendations for the Odessa laboratory to work towards being accredited internationally to ISO standard 17025 and the 4 other inter-regional laboratories
Among financed activities
– Revision of national legislation in the areas of plant protection products and plant health to ensure harmonisation with Directive Nos. 2000/29/EC and 2009/128/EC and Regulation (EC) Nos (EC) 1107/2009 and 396/2005 submitted to the Agrarian committee of the Verkhovna Rada and Cabinet of Ministers for adoption
– The development of a National Action Plan for the Sustainable Use of Pesticides
– The creation of a multi-annual pesticide residue monitoring programme in line with the EU’s
– Thorough review of State inspection service which provides realistic recommendations for reform and modernisation, taking account of prevailing financial constraints
– Review and recommendations plus associated training on modernising the methodology for monitoring pests, diseases and weeds and making associated projections on likely PPP requirements for Ukraine
– Training and mentoring on phytosanitary monitoring of harmful organisms and quarantine organisms in accordance with international standards
– Review of the organisational and operational structures and methodologies of the 5 inter-regional laboratories with the production of a strategy and action plan with clear, realistic recommendations for modernisation and accreditation to ISO 17025 standards (international accreditation for the Odessa laboratory; national accreditation for the other 4)
– Preparation of a list of equipment and consumables required for these 5 inter-regional laboratories to enable them to function to a modern, high standard
– Train and mentor laboratory personnel (5 per inter-regional laboratory) to use and validate internationally recognised standard methods of analyses using their laboratory equipment. This could be done in Ukraine, in a MS, or both.