Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Environment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Middle East
Category: Grant for twinning action
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
European Union: All Member States and the United Kingdom
Middle East countries: Palestine
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ENI – Building the Palestinian Agricultural Insurance Systems and Services – 2020
Funds for: increasing the resilience of Palestinian farmers against shocks resulting from production risks.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To have in place operational and sustainable agricultural insurance system and services, with the participation of the private sector.
* Priority 1: Agriculture Risk Assesment
* Prority 2: Agriculture insurance data market infrastructure
* Priority 3: Public sector technical capacity building
* Priority 4: Partenership with private sector
* Priority 5: Public sector institutionnal capacity building
* Priority 6: Monitoring and evaluation
Among financed actions
* Preliminary screening of agricultural risk environment in Palestine.
* Insurance information system and data infrastructure, which provides high-quality data and information is developed.
* Training modules are developed and utilized on principles of actuarial, underwriting, loss adjustment, insurance products design, policy wording, pricing, reinsurance, and risk financing for agricultural insurance.
* An agreement of the private sector on a PPP model to participate and bear a risk stake of the agricultural insurance portfolio is obtained.
* Institutional framework of the adopted PPP model including: roles, mandates, and responsibilities of all stakeholders of agricultural insurance are identified, confirmed and coordinated.
* A framework for project / insurance impact monitoring and evaluation is developed.
* This call is a open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the twinning: 36 months
– Public Administrations
– Mandated bodies as per Twinning Manual of European Union Member State may apply through European Union Member States’ National Contact Points.