Sectors: Enlargement, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries : Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey.
New Independent countries : Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
AAE countries : Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance the sustainability of civil society in Georgia.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase financial sustainability of CSOs and;
– To increase accountability and capacities of CSOs to promote reforms in the context of the EU association process.
– Promote alternative sources of funding for civil society.
– Concentrate on the socio-cultural dimension encompassing elements like propensity to participate, trust and giving and volunteering, which is the weakest aspect of civil society in Georgia.
– Address the problem of weak civic participation, above all in the regions of Georgia. Therefore, priority will be given to the applications with actions taking place in more than four regions in Georgia.
– Through capacity building, support increasing CSOs involvement in policy dialogue, especially with the aim to promote reforms in the context of the EU association process and assists CSOs to make a greater impact in policy dialogue at the local level.
Among financed actions
– Improvement of regulatory framework for CSO financing
– Awareness raising on corporate social responsibility among all relevant stakeholders
– Strengthening the link between CSOs (including local action groups) and their constituencies/target groups
– Strengthening CSO capacities regarding organisation and management
– Strengthening CSO capacities to conduct advocacy and oversight