Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Services, Tourism, Youth
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Local and Regional authorities, Research centres
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Union, Gulf countries, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to enhance the protection and promotion of the Egyptian tangible cultural heritage for it to become a real driver of local socio-economic development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Foster local development through tourism and cultural heritage, and support socio-economic development by capitalising on the country’s rich tangible cultural heritage;
– Attain sustainability by focussing management on a participatory approach by ensuring public participation in the rehabilitation process of cultural tourism sites or monuments of strategic interest. Increase local communities ‘endearment to their heritage in order to set up a more sustainable management of the cultural resources;
– Promote successful and effective management of cultural heritage by 1) identifying the appropriate sites; 2) linking it/them with key stakeholders and other topics related to the revamping of the touristic interest; and finally 3) setting up new effective services to final users: local communities and tourists.
Among financed actions
– Rehabilitation and conservation actions ensuring the protection and valorisation of strategic archaeological sites;
– Initiatives ensuring major measurable economic impacts of heritage including: heritage tourism; cultural industries; jobs and household income; small business incubation; revitalisation and property values of archaeological and historical sites;
– Culture-led regeneration on the forefront of urban and rural restructuring, place-based regeneration and marketing strategies.