Sectors: Humanitarian, Information, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, Switzerland
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria , Tunisia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to contribute to empowering young men and women in the Neighbourhood south to participate in public affairs and address social challenges in an informed manner by using media, online media and in particular public broadcasters as a vector.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Giving young people a voice through online media ;
– Giving young people a voice through broadcasters (radio and television)
– To foster the knowledge/understanding of what young Arab women and men are interested in and how this can be translated into media tools and programmes in terms of content but also innovative tools ;
– To promote co-operation between media and young women and men in order to ensure that media in the Neighbourhood south, in particular online media and public and private broadcasters reflect their needs and concerns in programmes/channels with focus on education, entertainment and information. Specific attention should be paid to the needs and concerns of young women ;
– To encourage and support the creation of more inclusive media approaches providing young women and men with shared platforms for discussing political and social issues among themselves and with other groups of societies ;
Among financed actions
– Projects supporting the development of pilot programmes and web-based platforms of online media and broadcasters from the region which reflect the interests and needs of young audiences in the region based on audience analysis and feedback ;
– Support to the development of concepts and pre-production of TV programmes which meet the interests and needs of young audiences, supported by audiences surveys/feedback and the cooperation of young people in the development of the programmes ;
– Promotion of co-operation between media and civil society organisations, who are aware of the frustrations, needs and in interests of young audiences, for the development of relevant programmes, channels and tools