Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries : Jordan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support Jordan’s reform process towards consolidation of deep democracy and to promote inclusiveness of national policy and decision making processes, including women and youth, leading to a stronger democratic and tolerant political culture.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the functioning of the House of Representatives (HoR) in exercising its core parliamentary functions in a professional, accountable and transparent manner.
– To enhance the functioning of the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and other key stakeholders, hence contributing to elections conducted in a professional, transparent and credible manner.
– To support the political party system in contributing to democratic governance and policy making, in particular in the Parliament.
Component 1: Parliamentary Support
– Strengthening the institutional framework and the human resources capacities of the HoR;
– Enhancing the HoR’s legislative process, committee system and access to information and research, including through its library;
– Strengthening the oversight and budgetary roles of the HoR are strengthened;
Component 2: Electoral Assistance
– Strengthening the institutional framework and the human resources capacities of the IEC;
– Reinforcing the legal, technical and operational capacities of the IEC;
– Strengthening the IEC’s outreach, including through media and social media, and relations with stakeholders, including in particular woman and youth;
Component 3: Support to the Political Party System
– Enhancing citizens’ capacities, in particular of women and youth, to engage in political parties as well as political parties’ capacities to produce sound programmes and policy positions;
– Strengthening inter-party dialogues and interaction between political parties and blocs in the HoR;
– Strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Parliamentary and Political Affairs (MoPPA) to implement its mandate in relation to parties and to facilitate a political party system conducive for political party development.
Among financed actions
– Specialised technical advice and mentoring
– Trainings, including on-the-job training, and study visits
– Conferences and workshops
– Studies, needs assessments, evaluations and surveys