Sectors: Employment, Industry, Research, Services, SME Policy, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterrenean Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to assist partner countries’ ownership and capacity to implement policies and initiatives regarding innovation aiming to enhance inclusive and sustainable growth and employment.
Priorities and funded actions:
– At macro level: to support the formulation and implementation of policies and initiatives stimulating the development of innovation ecosystems in Southern Mediterranean countries
– At meso level: to improve capacities and networking, in particular with EU counterparts, of innovation organisations in the region
– At micro level: to support pilot actions of innovation organisations, start-ups and SME innovation / industry clusters (including science parks) in the region in generating value-added activities, new sources of economic growth and employment, and promote them through the dissemination of successful experiences
Lot 1: “Policy, regulatory and institutional ecosystems (macro and meso-levels)”
– Improvement of the regulatory framework
– Capacity building / strengthen the capacity of innovation support structures
– Stimulate strong partnerships
– Increase availability of information on innovation ecosystems
– Increase regional cooperation
Lot 2: “Pilot experience (micro-level)”
– To strengthen innovative start-ups and SME clusters
– To ensure visibility
– To facilitate international cluster cooperation,
– To prepare the replication of promising pilot initiatives
Among financed activities
– Support to public-private policy dialogues;
– Networking activities;
– Advisory services;
– Capacity building activities, mentoring, training, workshops;
– Diagnostics studies, sector studies and policy recommendations;
– Organisation of conferences;