Sectors: Co-op & Development, Local development, SME Policy, Trade
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, SMEs, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote systemic change in the enterprise ecosystem supporting the economic development potential of Jordan and its private sector. Through addressing market failures and promoting innovative and sustainable private sector development, it aims to increase the opportunity for employment and income generation, particularly for women and youth.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to improve the technical and management capacity within the SMEs ecosystem and increase the private sector competitiveness, by establishing a competitive and transparent mechanism.
1) The promotion, communication and awareness raising activities to build understanding and demand for business and operations performance enhancements. These will be linked to developing improvements in productivity, competitiveness, quality and innovation and the benefits that these can bring in terms of market acquisition, revenue, profitability and higher returns on investment.
2) Delivery of quality business development and consulting services to SMEs aimed at improving competitiveness and technical capabilities in the value chain. These services will also support the further utilisation of these improvements by increasing the number of value chain activities carried out by the firm. Within the broader value system (i.e. industry locally and internationally) the services will develop opportunities to add on activities sub-supplying to upstream competitors or larger corporates resulting in additional local value add and jobs
3) Building network platforms and linkages which facilitate and support SMEs to increase output and sales by helping them to access opportunities to satisfy the procurement requirements of larger local and international corporates
4) Build platforms and programmes through which SMEs, particularly in high value added sectors (ICT, Medical Service & Devices etc) can access, acquire and/or build appropriate technical and managerial skills to compete as leaders in their sectors internationally
Among financed action
– Promotion, communication and awareness raising activities
– Seminars, Workshops and Procurement Showcase/Tradeshow organisation
– Identification, Evaluation and Training of Intermediaries
– Analysis and profiling of specific industry value systems and identification of opportunities
– In company value chain analytics, reporting on potential remedial and development actions
– Supporting, action planning and delivering relevant change management
– Identification of potential value sectors for linkage exploitation
– Profiling target corporates and seeking their involvement in linkages activities opening their procurement requirements to local supply
– Working with supplier applicants, analysing competencies and deficiencies, proposing remedial or development approaches
– Analysis and profiling of specific industry management and skills deficits;
– Working with companies, and business associations to identify specific gaps and profile job specifications