Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asian country: Armenia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ENI – European Media Facility in Armenia – 2020
Funds for: contributing to deepen democracy, the development of a vibrant media environment and uphold media freedoms through promoting an independent, professional, more innovative and financially sustainable media sector in Armenia, as well as increasing the diversity and quality of media products, strengthening media management, and enhancing the reputation of the journalistic profession
Priorities and funded actions:
* To increase media professionals’ capacities to prepare for the future by in strategic media management, understanding critical elements to ensuring quality reporting incl. editorial fact checking, citizen access to accurate information and accountability and ensuring plurality in the media coverage;
* To enhance opportunities for young journalists and more mature media professionals to life-long learning and undertaking joint journalistic work with colleagues representing other media outlets within Armenia, in the Eastern Neighbourhood and in Europe;
* To promote innovative approaches in the media sector including engaging the wider civil society including citizens to promote critical thinking, conflict-, child- and youth- and gender-sensitive media content, improve overall media literacy and more diversity in the media landscape
* Mentoring, strategic media management training to promote sound and sustainable media management incl. financial sustainability and to promote new and more viable business models for media outlets and freelancers;
* Enhancing professional journalistic methods and standards, particularly around ethics, fact checking/verification and evidence-based reporting and respect for the journalistic profession;
* Expanding journalistic products that promote public interest, transparency and accountability incl. promotion of a deeper understanding of critical thinking, media literacy and countering disinformation and hate speech;
* Increasing quality media coverage in and from the Marzes of Armenia
* Enhancing engagement of media with the wider society on topics of mutual interest incl. promotion of a deeper understanding of critical thinking, media literacy and countering disinformation and hate speech
* Actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences and congresses;
* Actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
* Actions supporting political parties;
* Actions that discriminate against individuals or groups of people on the grounds of their gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or lack of them, or their ethnic origin
* This call for proposal is a restricted call for proposal. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 30 and 36 months
* Elibility :
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary