Sectors: Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to cultural diversity and development, in particular human development, by promoting social issues, especially gender equality in the regions of the south of the Mediterranean, through the support given to the film industry and its developement, as a job-creating sector.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote the role of women in the film industry, on screen by presenting other perceptions of women and behind the screen as professionals (for instance as directors, producers and scenarists), and, thereby, fighting stereotypes
– To promote freedom of expression by supporting cinematographic operators of the region to tackle sensitive issues, including gender equality
– To facilitate market access and film exchanges through all Mediterranean and to contribute thereby to the film industry development as a job-creating sector
LOT 1 : To improve the image of women in the film industry
– To promote freedom of expression by encouraging cinematographic operators of the region to tackle sensitives issues such as gender equality
– To promote the role of film professional women by offering them space to create and express their concerns
– To fight against stereotypes linked to gender, by presenting alternatives to women perceptions in films
LOT 2 : Development of the audience for films addressing social issues, including gender equality issues
– Fight againt stereotypes and promotion of gender equality by ensuring projection and dissemination of movies tackling these issues to a broad public in the region, in particular to young people and in rural areas
– To strengthen the links between the different players of the film industry and civil society organisations (CSO) with the aim to ensure the continuity of audience development
LOT 3 : To support market access and South-South distribution of films in the Mediterranean region
– To promote the freedom of expression by ensuring that productions tackling senstive issues such as gender equality reach local and national screens
– To increase the role of film professional women in marketing, sales and distribution of their productions
– To develop film industry as a job-creating sector
Among financed activity
– Activities aiming to improve the image of women in audiovisual sector : awareness-raising campaign / lobbying on gender issues targeting production companies, TV programers and distributors
– Activities of support to film projections tackling senstive issues, including gender equality and issues linked to the youth at a regional level and in rural and remote areas through the internet, national and local televisions, in cultural centers
– Activities of capacities-building with regards to marketing, sale and distribution
– Activities strengthening internationalisation of festivals and regional film markets of the South shore of the Mediterranean