Sectors: Co-op & Development, Information, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean country: Lebanon
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to promote an inclusive and empowered society in Lebanon to become more engaged in national reforms and community development.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To stimulate and strengthen the capacity of civil society organisations to enhance their participation in sustainable development through multi-stakeholders involvement
– Supporting concrete innovative capacity building initiatives to further enable civil society organisations (CSOs) to act as partners for development cooperation with government authorities
– Enhancing socio-economic empowerment of vulnerable groups and vulnerable communities
– Promoting active participation of the civil society in policy making processes to ensure transparency and accountability
Among financed actions
– Monitoring activities of laws/policies and/or international conventions/commitments
– Public awareness campaigns: developing CSOs institutional and technical capacity – lobbying power, their monitoring capacities, internal governance, dialogue, networking capacities, advocacy and analytical capacity
– Supporting CSOs in advocating and monitoring of public policy making and implementation
– Supporting small initiatives by CSOs linked to the eligible types of actions improving their participation in community development