Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Research, Services
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Palestine
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims at building up a Palestinian State based on the Rule of Law and respect for human rights within a functioning deep democracy and with strong, effective accountable institutions at national and local levels.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve access to justice for all citizens
– To promote democratic culture and social cohesion
– Enhancing the independence of the judiciary, and the accountability and transparency of the Justice and/or Security institutions and actors, with enhanced civilian oversight
– Ameliorating access to services, including participation of the civil society/community in decision and law making-process
– Promoting national intercultural dialogue, diversity, social accountability
– Engaging civil society to foster reconciliation at the community level, particularly in Gaza
– Protecting and enhancing Palestinian social cohesion, identity and heritage
Among financed actions
– Measures to strengthen the accountability of the Justice and Security institutions and to ameliorate the access to the services
– Initiatives promoting social cohesion and democratic culture
– Training and education
– Seminars, workshops, conferences
– Advocacy and lobbying
– Research, publications and visual support
– Meetings, monitoring, and reporting coordination