Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote gender equality in Lebanon through reducing inequality in rights at local, regional and national level.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To combat poverty among Lebanese women
– To ensure gender equality in political life and decision-making processes
Among financed actions
– Activities contributing to a policy dialogue among key actors and advocacy for poverty-reduction that addresses regional disparities within the country
– Vocational training activities and socio-economic initiatives tailored to the needs and interests of marginalized women in impoverished neighbourhoods leading to wealth and job creation initiatives
– Promoting women’s presence in public decision-making and their influence on the political and socio-economic process at local and national levels
– Supporting the establishment of women’s committees in municipalities aimed at promoting women’s issues at the local level
– Organisation of conferences, workshops and seminars