Sectors: Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries : Ukraine
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the independence and efficiency of the judicial branch of power through the introduction of the European standards of jurisprudence.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening the institutional capacity of the Supreme Court of Ukraine by forming a uniform judicial practice when administering justice, correctly applying the legislation in force and avoiding miscarriages of justice, as well as ensuring the implementation of the access to justice and the rule of law principles in Ukraine.
1) To improve the legal framework as regards the operation of the Supreme Court of Ukraine in accordance with the EU standards
2) To increase the level of proficiency of judges and members of court staff at all the levels of general jurisdiction
3) To strenghten the institutional capacity of the Supreme Court of Ukraine by improving the public access to information concerning the role, status and activities of the Supreme Court of Ukraine and improving the workflow and videoconferencing systems of the Supreme Court of Ukraine (SCU).
Among financed activities
– Analysis of the national legislation regarding the activities of the SCU
– Conducting the comparative analysis of the current legislation of Ukraine and that of the EU member countries:
- in the sphere of ensuring the uniform application of legislation;
- as regards the functioning and structure of the judicial system;
- as regards the provision of opinions at the requests
– Assessment of training needs and determination of areas of professional development of the staff of the SCU.
– Elaboration of proposals for improving the training programs for the staff of the SCU
– Holding a seminar for judges at the national, regional and local levels as regards ensuring of the uniform application of the norms of substantive and procedural law by all the courts of general jurisdiction in Ukraine
– Conducting of comparative analysis of the current legislation of Ukraine and that of the EU MS in the field of electronic justice and videoconferencing of court hearings.
– Elaboration of recommendations concerning the improvement of E-justice (electronic justice).
– Conducting of a press conference to inform the public about the activities of the judicial system.