Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent states : Moldova
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to improve the effectiveness, transparency and accountability of EU assistance in mainstreaming civil society activity in the main sectors of budget support.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to enable Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to oversee budget and participate in public finance policy formulation and implementation by facilitating the policy dialogue between the authorities and CSOs.
– to provide grants for specific competitiveness support actions within a DCFTA context, especially for actions that are gender equality and woman empowerment (GEWE) oriented and are supporting women entrepreneurship
– to support specific ARD sector development actions, especially actions that are gender equality and woman empowerment oriented, enhancing civil society organisations and local authority associations’ role
– Actions mobilising and empowering women from underrepresented and/or vulnerable groups
– Actions that are promoting cooperation and improving structured dialogue between civil society organisations, local authorities and relevant line ministries.
Among financed actions
– Enhancing public awareness of and meaningful involvement in budget process at central and local level
– Improving capacity of local CSOs for dialogue on and participation to economic and public finance governance related matters
– Enhancing transparency of budgetary process and improving oversight of the budget in partnership with national and local elected authorities and the Court of Accounts
– Enhancing capacity of Local CSOs and SMEs business associations, to grasp the benefits of DCFTA market conditions and opportunities, including gender equality and women empowerment (GEWE) focussed initiatives
– Improving capacity of Local CSOs for dialogue on and participation to economic and DCFTA related matters
– Enhancing Civil Society Organisations’ and local communities’ role in Agriculture and Rural Development
– Promoting policy dialogue between the Government and local actors on the implementation of the Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy (ARDS)