Sectors: Economy - Finances, Health, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
ENI – Support to civil society working in social protection in Morocco – 2020
Funds for: Promote the upgrading of Social Protection Institutions (SPIs), capacity building of CSOs working in these SPIs at the local level and innovation for the improvement of social services in line with Specific Objective No. 4 of the programme (Development of social service provision by accredited Social Centres) according to criteria of quality and standards of controlled services and qualified staff, throughout the territory)
Priorities and funded actions:
* Improving access to basic social services for the most disadvantaged groups (children, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups) and marginalised groups (women and young people living in poverty and insecurity), in particular through innovative interventions in the fields of social assistance, support for children and support for people with disabilities (PSH);
* Facilitate interactions between state and non-state actors in different contexts and support the strengthening of the role of CSOs in decentralisation processes;
* Strengthen the role and capacities of CSOs in policy processes, improve socio-economic conditions and foster the inclusion and integration of vulnerable groups
* The promotion of social services to vulnerable populations in the field of social assistance, in particular through the establishment of innovative services or the upgrading and development of existing services in the field of social assistance (services offered by social welfare institutions (SPAs), in particular for the benefit of children and the HSPs, educational inclusion of HSPs, other services aimed at promoting the care of HSPs and populations in vulnerable situations);
* The promotion and protection of the rights of persons with disabilities;
* The promotion of Child Protection;
* Improvement of coordination and partnership mechanisms between civil society and public authorities at the local level (local authorities and elected officials, national mutual aid).
Amongst financed actions
* Activities relating to the provision of services for the care and assistance of PSH (support for schooling, support for rehabilitation and re-education services, psycho-social support, accommodation, orientation/inclusion/insertion, etc.);
* Activities relating to the provision of services for the care and assistance of children (support for schooling, psycho-social support, accommodation, orientation/inclusion/insertion, etc.);
* Activities to support the socio-economic empowerment (employment and guidance services, training) of the PSH;
* Activities aimed at updating the offer of social protection institutions (EPS) in Morocco ;
* Capacity building activities for civil society organizations and workshops for the exchange of practices;
* Activities to build participatory tools/methodologies with a rights perspective and awareness of the rights of the PSH;
* Research/action and data collection activities for advocacy in the promotion of the rights of HSPs and children;
* Activities allowing to cross-reference expertises, to integrate scientific and field expertise with the understanding of the stakes, responsibilities and roles of each one for the collective construction of common solutions in the field of social assistance;
* Activities promoting the establishment of coordination and partnership mechanisms between civil society and public authorities at the local level (local authorities and elected representatives, national mutual aid, etc.);
* Activities to support advocacy and lobbying actions in line with the objective of the call for proposals.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action: from 12 to 24 months
– Being a legal person;
– Be non-profit;
– Belong to one of the following categories of organizations: association or non-governmental organization, university institutes and research centers;
– Be established in Morocco;
– To have carried out regular activities in Morocco in the field of assistance and social action, at least during the last five (5) years preceding the submission of the application ;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and the affiliated entity or entities, and not act as an intermediary.
* The actions must be implemented in Morocco