Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Culture - Media, Education - Training, Local development, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to a more positive understanding of the EU through the support to the Palestinian cultural sector.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the visibility of the EU in Palestine through the support to joint Euro-Palestinian cultural events all around the country (including in isolated areas, refugee camps, etc…) thus contributing to develop a positive image of the Palestinian identity.
– Actions that explicitly promote the values of tolerance and respect for diversity;
– Actions with a strong “Euro-Palestinian” dimension (i.e. clearly promoting exchanges and/or co-productions between Palestinian cultural organisations and European ones, not being limited to one European country);
– Actions that reinforce the sense of community am ong Palestinian people through overcoming the territorial fragmentation (i.e. actions should not be limited to one area but be implemented in different parts of Palestine including in Gaza, isolated areas, refugee camps, etc… );
– Actions promoting and developing new and or different Palestinian narratives.
Among financed actions
– Actions encouraging large participation in cultural activities;
– Actions supporting young people to reflect on their Palestinian identity;
– Actions supporting and developing innovative cultural activities;
– Actions supporting and/or raising awareness on the Palestinian cultural and artistic traditions and heritage (including the archaeological heritage of Palestine);
– Actions promoting values such as tolerance, respect for diversity and respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.