Sectors: Environment, Innovation, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Balkans, Candidate countries, European Economic Area, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Candidate countries and Balkans : Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Mediterranean countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine , Syria and Tunisia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to contribute to more sustainable water and environment management practices in the target countries.
Priorities and funded actions:
-to identify, test, and disseminate “innovative solutions” that have the potential to be scaled up to bring a positive contribution to sustainable water management and tackling water pollution generated by municipal waste, urban waste water and industrial emissions in the target countries.
Projects on innovative solutions are defined as follows:
-Projects that apply a technology, action, methodology or approach that has not been applied or tested before on a large scale ; that offer potential advantages compared to current best practice; and that could subsequently be applied on a larger scale to similar situations.
-Projects that put into practice, test, evaluate and disseminate a technology, action, methodology or approach that ise new or unknown in the specific context of the beneficiary country, such as the geographical, ecological, socio-economic context; and that could subsequently be applied elsewhere in similar circumstances.
-Enhancing effectiveness of local water resources governance;
-Adapting and enhancing resilience to the water-related impacts of climate change;
-Promoting water demand management, water efficiency and non-conventional water resources (in particular recycled and reclaimed water), and protecting water quality and the good ecological status of water bodies;
-Optimising water financing and related instruments, with emphasis on innovative mechanisms at local level;
-Improving the management of municipal waste, urban wastewater, and/or industrial emissions in order to minimize or prevent the release of pollutants in water bodies.
Among financed activities
– assessments, surveys (field or desk) in order to define the baseline and the detailed technical design, evaluate the project outcomes and its sustainability in the local context;
– technical expertise for the implementation of the project ;
– preparation and production of communication / visibility / dissemination materials (except creating a project website) in order to raise awareness of stakeholders and to promote replication of the tested innovative solution(s);
– procurement, delivery and supervision of supplies, works, services exclusively for the achievement of the project main objective;
– workshops, seminars, courses;
– internal project monitoring.