Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Human Rights, Public Management, Research
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Tunisia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to implement a prevention policy on occupational risks meeting to social contract objectives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To help the Tunisian administration and social stakeholders to define an operational national programme of prevention of occupational risks applied to the building and public works sector
– To support the Tunisian administration in the design and implementation of a methodology to develop reliable statistical data on occupational exposure of employees thus allowing to set priorities and establish national and regional prevention programs adapted to real needs
– To develop a training programme to improve the skills of the medical inspection and occupational safety staff and to provide knowledge and expertise in administrative, legal or technical levels
– Mobilizing knowledge on health at work in the building and public works sector
– Initiating an active policy on prevention of occupational risks in the building and public works sector
– Fostering attempts of prevention in enterprises
– Including the multiannual strategy on prevention in the building and public works sector within the tunisian social contract
– Adapting regulations and enhancing the effectiveness of law
– Strengthening institutional coordination and cooperation
– Ensuring visibility of health policy at work in the building and public works sector
Among financed actions
The twinning project activities were divided into 3 components
Component A: Support for the implementation of the national strategy of prevention of occupational risks in the construction sector
– To optimize the control of safety conditions and hygiene at work in construction sites
– To train the medical and technical staff of the Directorate of Medical Inspection and Safety at Work in the identification and prevention of recurring risks
– To revise regulations governing occupational risk prevention in the construction sector in line with European directives and standards
– To establish tripartite governance of the strategy
Component B: Support for the achievement of national mapping of occupational risks
– Evaluation of the survey implementation
– Support for statistical processing of data
Component C: Implementation of a training program for medical and technical staff of the Directorate of Medical Inspection and Safety at Work
– Diagnosis and assessment of needse
– Development of a training program