Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Employment, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Developing countries, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Developing countries: Yemen
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enhance the sustainable development of the livelihoods of fishers and coastal communities, while preserving the bio-diversity of the resource.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote sustainable management and development of the fisheries sector at the community level
– To enhance livelihoods and capacity development of coastal communities
– To promote private sector development of the fisheries value chain and widening on-shore fishery related activities of the local economy
– Improving participation of fishers in the decision-making process and the management of sustainable marine resources
– Enhancing livelihoods of coastal communities through empowering fisher organisations for local community development
– Improved efficiency of the private sector
Among financed actions
– Actions that improve the stakeholders’ understanding of the importance of sustainable fishing practices and its short and long-term impact on the livelihoods of coastal communities
– Actions that build the capacity of communities to effectively participate in decision-making processes around sustainable management of fishery resources and/or sustainable development of coastal communities
– Actions that promote employment opportunities for youth, women and other disadvantaged groups within the coastal communities
– Actions in fish catching that improve efficiency, increase net earnings and contribute to poverty alleviation