Sectors: Co-op & Development, Humanitarian, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New Independant State: Georgia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to raise conflict-affected/ displaced persons and host communities out of poverty by facilitating their integration into Georgia’s broader economic development process and decreasing their dependence on the State and external assistance.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote durable (primarily non-agricultural) livelihood solutions for IDPs and conflict affected persons, to increase opportunities for IDPs (with a focus on recently resettled IDPs) and their host communities to reach self-sufficiency and sustainable livelihoods
– To increase the capacity of the Government of Georgia on the central, regional and local level in designing, implementing and evaluating approaches for durable integration, cooperation and livelihood improvement solutions
– To increase the capacity of livelihood-related and IDP-related Georgian NGOs to participate and constructively contribute in livelihood/IDP-related policy creation and implementation
– Gender mainstreaming in livelihood programmes and other developments related to socio-economic integration of IDPs
– Creative approaches on how to involve and/or benefit persons with disabilities
Among financed actions
– Capacity building: the awareness of business opportunities, drafting business plans, applying for business grants, marketing and merchandising, management of resources
– Support to existing businesses and start-ups: equipment needed for the setting up of a new business or the expansion of an existing business
– Actions promoting gender equality of opportunities and outcomes; women and youth participation in employment and business
– Actions promoting direct participation of IDPs and host communities, including women and youth, to advocate for their rights and needs at the local, regional and national level and to participate in policymaking though representative organizations at all these levels