Sectors: Economy - Finances, Employment, Services, SME Policy, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of the programme is to enhance the economic growth potential of the local economy through private sector enterprise development, sustainable environmental projects and livelihood promotion thereby increasing the opportunity for employment, income generation and overall quality of life and welfare of the population easing the pressures generated by the influx of refugees.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pave the way for employment targeting unskilled workers, new graduates and women among the most vulnerable within the host communities using labour-intensive schemes and job placement in order to boost their income and revive local markets, enabling the population to meet rising costs and reduce vulnerability to further shocks with particular focus in the environment and energy sectors
– To bridge emergency employment to sustainable livelihoods creation, (savings, joint-venturing or consortia between public and private entities, investments, and expanding markets), while implementing demand-driven vocational and post-training support, in particular in the field of environment and energy
– To help local small businesses to play an active role in work-based training and employment for young people, income generation and timely and efficient service delivery, in particular for environment and energy sectors
Among financed actions
– Specific waste-to-energy programmes to increase renewable energy production
– Water and Energy Efficiency programmes to promote and implement
innovative and replicable solutions in the perspective to the development of the market of water and energy efficiency in a sustainable way
– Refurbishment of schools and maintenance of public infrastructure in the camp
– Maintenance or improvement of the existing infrastructure such as schools or market places
– Recycling activities within the refugee camps
– Specific recycling activities focusing on the collection and sorting of recyclable materials