Sectors: Environment, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Lebanon and territories covered by ENI Instrument
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to protect the coastal zones and maritime resources from any environmental degradation by land-based sources of pollution.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to contribute to the development and improvement of comprehensive waste management schemes at municipalities’ level.
– Reducing, recycling, composting, recovering, disposing
– Capacity building in Solid Waste Management
– Awareness rising
Among financed actions
Eligible actions can build on the following plans and studies developed by the Ministry of Environment:
– Masterplan for the closure and rehabilitation of uncontrolled dumps
– Business Plan for combating pollution of the Qaraoun lake
– National Plan for Sustainable Consumption and Production
– National Action Plan for the Implementation of the Land Based Sources Protocol
– Fact Sheets on hazardous waste in the industrial sectors
– Studies: feasibility assessments, Environmental Impact Assessment;
– Design, Supervision and Works execution, equipment supply…
– Training, technical assistance, organisation of workshops, development of communication materials, communication campaigns…