Sectors: Agriculture - Fisheries, Co-op & Development, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Corporations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, SMEs
Regions: Candidate countries, European Economic Area, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to support Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in Algeria in the fishing and aquaculture sectors.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthening of technical, operational and organisational capacities of professional groups (associations, cooperatives, entreprenarial networks, economic interest groups, common interest group, etc.) through the implementation of concrete actions in the sectors of fishing and aquaculture.
– Strengthen the structuration of professional groupings
– Develop the network building
– Favour responsible fishing
– Enhance and develop entrepreneurship and employability in the sectors linked to fishing and aquaculture.
Among financed actions
– Activities aiming at improving the organisation, management and administrative monitoring of professional groupings;
– Activities promoting the improvement of access to information, and communication and advocacy of professional groupings;
– Activities enhancing dynamics of working in networks between professional groupings of the same segment of a sector in order to foster new initiatives and constitute sustainable work groups;
– Activities leading prefessional groupings to converge for them to be identified as stakeholders by the national and local public institutions;
– Activities promoting the adoption by professional groupings of selective fishing machines in order to contribute to a sustainable exploitation of fishing resources;
– Activities favouring the development of complementary economic activities contributing to the decrease of fishing effort, for example eco-tourism or Fishing tourism.
– Activities promoting training to innovant auxiliary jobs or in danger of disapearing (net mending, naval carpenter, foot-fishing…)
– Activities supporting training, insertion, and councelling projects initiatives in the sector.