Sectors: Co-op & Development, Health, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New Independant States : Ukraine
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the capacity of the Ukrainian administration at central and local level in developing and introducing a system of early intervention and rehabilitation for children with disabilities and children at risk of disability thus to enhance the new role of public administration in terms of social services provision including quality, accessibility, and financial sustainability.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the existing legal, administrative and financial set-up of the present system of early detection, identification and medico-social service rehabilitation for children with disabilities and children at risk of disability
– To support Ukrainian authorities (respective services of the Ministry of Social Policy and the Ministry of Health) to elaborate amendments to the national legislation and administrative practice used at central and local level in the organisation of services delivery including early intervention and rehabilitation for children with disabilities
– To enhance close cooperation of local administration with civil society organisations in developing a new approach for the implementation of an effective mechanism of early intervention and rehabilitation to prevent disability and to reduce the consequences of disability among children
1) To review the existing legal framework in the field of rehabilitation and social services provision and development of recommendations for the introduction of better system of early intervention and rehabilitation having in mind the process of administrative reform and decentralisation in the country
2) To evaluate the administrative and operational set up of rehabilitation institutions regarding early intervention for children who are at risk of having disabilities and children with disabilities. The role and procedures of different stakeholders at central, regional and municipal level should be defined. Draft of the new system should be developed
3) To develop new basic standard of services with costing that constitutes a new approach to rehabilitation. To develop as well specific requirements for human resources providing services and for those who purchase this services in order to increase professional capacity of specialists working in the system
4) To design and pilot efficient and effective system of reporting, monitoring and evaluation of rehabilitation services
Among financed activities
– To carry out a comprehensive analysis of the existing legislative environment that establish norms and standards of early intervention and rehabilitation, regulates social service provision for this target group and envisage rights and obligations of all parties concerned like state, municipality, family, civil society, etc
– Conducting a comparative study of the existing provisions of Ukrainian legislation related to rehabilitation of PWD including children who bare a risk of having disability and children with disabilities. This includes comparing these provisions with the EU acquis, identifying discrepancies or shortfalls in legal statutes or instruments required, and proposing the harmonisation of the existing legal framework in the field of rehabilitation and social services provision regarding the early intervention and rehabilitation services
– To develop an inter-Ministerial strategic approach for the development of a system for social and medical rehabilitation of people with disabilities in Ukraine with a special emphasise on early intervention and rehabilitation services, including prevention policies and accessibility strategies
– To revise the Individual Rehabilitation Programmes (IRP) to introduce an efficient early intervention, rehabilitation services
– To develop basic standards of services with cost analysis on the basis of existing services
– To develop a multi-level, multidisciplinary and multi-agency approach for the training of staff in preparation for the development of appropriate services and early intervention and rehabilitation services of people with disabilities in Ukraine
– To review the existing system for reporting, monitoring and evaluation to manage the medico-social rehabilitation system in Ukraine as well as to implement the early intervention in Ukraine
– To assist the Ministry of Social Policies of Ukraine by making recommendations for the preparation of reporting procedures to guide the implementation of the early intervention and rehabilitation services and demonstrate its impacts. Existing information system for the registration of people with disabilities (CBI) should be improved and a glossary of terms prepared