Sectors: Energy, Environment, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Developing countries, European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: ENPI South partner countries: Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia
Developing country: Jordan
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to enable local authorities in ENPI South partner countries to address local sustainable development challenges related to energy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To improve energy efficiency and the increase of energy savings
– To increase the use of renewable energy sources
– To improve capacities of local authorities in the area of sustainable energy
– To contribute to the distribution of a pool of demonstration actions which can be replicated in the region
– Raise awareness of local populations on sustainable development policies and actions
– Enhance capacity of local authorities to develop and implement sustainable energy projects
– Demonstration actions (i.e. innovative in the local context) suitable for replication by other local authorities, provinces or networks in the region
Among financed actions
– Energy saving measures in public or residential buildings, in street lighting and in public transport
– Replacement of fossil fuel energy production sources by renewable energy
– Information systems to monitor and control energy consumption, air quality…
– Adoption of energy efficiency and/or renewable energy requirements/standards in public procurement of products and services