Sectors: Co-op & Development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP : Algeria
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support the Algerian administration in its modernisation efforts of public finances through the development of a management policy in order to make the customs controls more efficient by an appropriate risk management, including those related to counterfeiting.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase the performance of the Directorate General of Customs through a better control of risks by the creation of a central risk unit and quality service (including a stricter compliance with deadline) to the users of the customs service
1) Creation of a Central Risk Unit in order to deal with and to improve the data base information of the Information System of the Directorate General of Customs integrating results of prior, immediate or posterior controls and the contentious consequences
2) To accelerate the clearance process through the implementation of separate control channels according to the identified risk, supplemented by facilitation and simplification measures
3) To provide training in the field of Risk Management
Among financed actions
– To carry out the diagnosis of the current situation of the Risk Management policy and customs controls
– Implementation of the Central Management Risk Unit structure
– To help to the mapping of the procedures currently used by the customs in the field of risk management
– To carry out the mapping of clearance procedures on pilot sites of the port and airport of Algiers
– To review the Status of Authorised Economic Operator
– To propose a coordinate management of borders
– To carry out the diagnosis of the current situation
– Training and professionalizing the agents to risk management
– To train agents to new “professions”