Sectors: Co-op & Development, Health, Public Management, Trade
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent states: Ukraine
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
To provide support and assistance to achieve approximation and harmonisation of
SPS measures with the EU and to enable effective implementation of the Association
Agreement and the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area in order to open-up greater
trading opportunities between Ukraine and the EU.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To align Ukrainian policy, legislation, implementation, and enforcement with the EU in the fields of: animal health, animal welfare, transport and slaughtering of animals, categorisation, handling, use, and disposal of animal by-products (ABP) including Specific Risk Material (SRM)
– To upgrade competences and capacities of State laboratories
– Legislation relating to animal health and animal welfare, transport and slaughter of livestock, and animal by-products including SRM is implemented in practice and effectively enforced
– Policy and legislation relating to animal health and animal welfare, transport and slaughter of livestock, and animal by-products including SRM is harmonised / approximated with the EU
– Laboratory personnel are fully trained to use validated methods on the new equipment provided under a separate supply contract
– The traceability of laboratory measurements and other test results is assured in accordance with international standards
Among financed activities
– Kick-off Workshop
– Harmonisation of animal health rules governing the production, processing, distribution, and introduction of products of animal origin for human consumption covered by Council
– Seminar on interpretation and implementation Regulation 1099/2009 in EU Member State Countries and in Ukraine
– Training on implementation and enforcement EU rules on animal transport
– Seminar for laboratory staff (participants from 6 regional laboratories) on validation