Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries: Egypt
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to contribute to the reform of the legislative framework of the Accountancy and Auditing profession in Egypt and strengthening the institutional capacity of regulators in an attempt to cope with EU best practices and tailored to the needs of the Egyptian economy.
Priorities and funded actions:
This call for proposals is divided in 4 components
– Component A: legal Framework Reformed
– Component B: public Oversight Structure Enhanced
– Component C: education and Examination for Accountants and Auditors Improved
– Component D: strategic ICT design for support, and sustainable knowledge sharing achieved
– To contribute to a modern and updated legislative framework through amendment of Accounting and Auditing Practice Law No. 133 (1951)
– To strengthen the operational capacity of the concerned bodies of the profession
Among financed actions
* Component A
– Assess the relevant accounting, auditing and financial reporting legislation to identify inconsistencies and gaps in relation to EU best practices
– Support in the drafting of a new Profession law which provides a robust legal basis for the education and licensing of auditors
* Component B
– Organise a series of workshops aiming at discussing and assessing the different options for remodeling the law oversight architecture with different stakeholders
* Component C
– Strategic advice on the organisational set-up of the training programme (selection of trainers, pedagogic approach, required frequency and timing of examination, etc…)
– Support in the preparation, qualification and development of the skills of the Egyptian lecturers
* Component D
– Support in the development of a master plan for an integrated system of internet support to important processes in the training and certification