Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
To ensure the effective prevention and response to violations of human rights by strengthening the effectiveness of the Ombudsman institution as an efficient mechanism of parliamentary control over the observance of human rights and freedoms at the national level, taking into account the European best practice.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the capacity of the Apparatus by improving the legislation in the field of the human rights protection and activities of the Ombudsman, establishing practice in applying this legislation, as well as bringing the institutional framework of the Apparatus and its internal procedures in compliance with international standards.
Among financed actions
– Reviewing the existing regulatory and legal framework governing the activities of the Ombudsman
– Conducting a comparative analysis of national and European legislation concerning the activities of the Ombudsman
– A study visit with a view to exchanging experience as regards application of methodologies and procedures to carry out a monitoring of the observance of human rights, ensuring activities of the Ombudsman in preventing such violations
– Making a comparative analysis of existing instruments for human rights restoration in Ukraine and EU countries
– Developing a curriculum and training programmes, preparing teaching aids and training guides
– Carrying out the training of trainers