Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Industry, New technologies, Public Management, Transport
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent states: Georgia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the structure and capabilities of the Georgian Civil Aviation Agency in (GCAA) in a sustainable manner. This shall allow the GCAA to adopt those European regulations and requirements, stemming from the Common Aviation Area Agreement between Georgia and the European Union and its Member States (CAA-A).
Priorities and funded actions:
– To empower the structures and strengths of the GCAA to allow it to ensure the effective implementation of the EU aviation legislation in accordance with the CAA-A
– To identify all remaining EU aviation legislation for which the implementation has not been completed yet by Georgia in accordance with the CAA-A, and develop/update a regulatory programme for such implementation
– To enable the legislative system of Georgia to easily adopt and implement new and upcoming European aviation legislation as a matter of normal operation
Mandatory results to be achieved
– MR 1: The functional structure and core process of the GCAA are analysed and updated, to enable them to ensure the effective transposition and implementation of the EU aviation legislation
– MR 2: A framework of policies and procedures is set in place for regulation and implementation of Safety Management at various levels, complying with the EU safaty Management requirements
– MR 3: Applicable EU aviation legislation remaining to be transposed in Georgia stemming from CAA-A is identifies with detailed analysis of existing bottlenecks in the legal dispositive
– MR 4 : Draft/updated regulations identified as priority under MR 3 are in place in accordance with the EU aviation legislation
– MR 5: A legal mechanism and relating legal amendments are established for fast track adoption procedure applicable to new or modified European Civil Aviation requirements
– MR 6: A continuos progress monitoring system is in place, built on transparent and focused indicators
Among financed actions
– Kick-off meeting/final conference
– Actions aming to review the existing GCAA structure
– Drawing reccomandations for further evolution in the functional structure of the GCAA
– Establishing a follow-up process