Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Mediterranean countries : Algeria
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to provide support to the Algerian prison system and to contribute, by improving the overall efficiency of the judicial system and the modernization of prison administration, to strengthen the rule of law and to strengthen institutional mechanisms ensuring compliance and protection of human rights of prisoners.
Priorities and funded actions:
To strengthen the capacity of the Directorate General of Prison Administration and Rehabilitation to improve conditions of detention and rehabilitation of prisoners in accordance with international standards, in order to:
– Consolidate and support the projects already underway as part of reforms
– Continue the process of prison reform by supporting projects that will complement those already committed
– Improving the management system of the central administration and prisons
– Strengthening and implementing the management capacity of prisoners in rehabilitation
– Strengthening the security of prisons
Among financed actions
– Development of a civil servants performance evaluation framework
– Organization of study visits
– Activities strenghtening the expertise of social workers
– Development of an internal audit department on prison security