Sectors: Co-op & Development, Energy, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Training centres
Regions: European Union, New Independant States
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independant states: Georgia
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objective of this call for proposals is the operation of a competitive, transparent and efficient energy market in Georgia
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop the institutional framework for the implementation of regulation of Georgia’s energy market in line with EU acquis.
– To strengthen the capabilities of GNERC as the independent national regulatory authority through the development of tools and mechanisms based on best-EU practice regarding regulatory cost audit and market monitoring within the electricity sector
– Cost audit process implementation
– Market monitoring in line with EU legislation
Among financed actions
– Organisation kick-off conference and establish necessary working groups
– Organisation of the project’s final conference
– Report on the status of Georgia’s electricity market
– GNERC staff’ skills gap analysis
– English language training service on energy sector specialised terminology for the staff of the GNERC
– Training on MS Access and Excel software for the staff of the GNERC
– Study visits
– Public consultation
– Seminars, workshops
– Definition of criteria and indicators for market monitoring