Sectors: Co-op & Development, Economy - Finances
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Local and Regional authorities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia : Azerbaïjan
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen existing Chamber of Accounts of the Republic of Azerbaijan capacity to fulfil its mandate and thus make a significant contribution to improving the accountability, transparency, oversight and reporting of public financial management in Azerbaijan.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To develop Chamber of Accounts Human Resources Management and Administrative capacity to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of its staff;
– To develop the capacity to undertake and report on Financial and Compliance audits in compliance with the ISSAIs and domestic legislation;
– To develop the capacity to undertake and report on Performance audits in compliance with the ISSAIs and Azerbaijani legislation/normative acts;
– To engage effectively with better-informed stakeholders including Parliament, auditees and the media concerning the role and work of the COA.
Among financed actions
– To revise Human Ressources policies and procedures in place;
– A cadre of 20 professional audit staff and management trained in risk-based financial and compliance audit methodologies;
– A set of revised ISSAI compliant quality assurance and control procedures and policies for performance audits prepared and tested.